Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Chocolate Soda Cake

A couple of weeks ago I picked up some diet chocolate cherry Dr. Pepper. I drank one, it was alright. It was a little to chemically for me, if you know what I mean. :) Anyway, I had been looking for ways to use it up. In my search I came across this recipe for Chocolate Soda Cake . I figured it would be a great way to use up this soda.

Chocolate Soda Cake
Recipe #147890

12 servings
40 min 10 min prep

1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
1 1/4 cups diet cola- (which is a tad less than one can of soda. I used the diet chocolate cherry dr. pepper I mentioned earlier)

Mix dry cake mix with soda. Don't pay any attention to adding oil, egg, etc.
Pour into floured cake pans, bunt pan, muffin tins, etc.
Bake according to directions on box.

**********************

So, Griffin and I are making this cake for dessert tonight. It was super easy to mix up. We poured it into my Pampered Chef Fluted Stoneware Pan that I picked up somewhere for $5. :) I also sprinkled some halved maraschino cherries onto the batter and sorta poked them into the batter. It's in the oven and has to cook for about 40 minutes. I am going to melt some chocolate chips and drizzle that over the top once it is cooled. I will be sure to update later and let you all know how it turned out.

*****CAKE IS DONE*****

So, here it is. :) The whole drizzled chocolate thing didn't quite work out, so I had to spread it on the top. It looks delicious and I am sure it will be.



Griffin is so excited about it. He can't wait to eat it. I hope he makes it until after dinner. :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

That looks delish Denise!!! How was it??

blessedabundantly said...

It was yummy. Everyone liked it. I will definately be making it again.