Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Super Yummy Super Easy

This has become a family favorite. Everyone likes it and the chicken comes out "juicy" just how Griffin likes it. :) I got the original recipe from Penny Pinching Main dishes by JoAnna M. Lund. I have tweaked it a bit, like I do most recipes My notes are in parenthesis. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do.



Chicken Cola Bake


16 oz skinned and boned uncooked chicken breasts, cut into 4 pieces (I use 5-6 IQF boneless skinless chicken breasts)

1/2 cup diet cola ( we don't do diet, so I use regular)

1 can cream of Mushroom soup (she suggest Healthy Request, but I use whatever I have on hand)

2 tablespoons dried onion flakes (use a bit more, maybe 3 Tbsp)

1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes (If I don't have these, I leave it out and it still tastes good.)



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken pieces in a baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine cola, soup, onion and parsley flakes using a wire wisk. Pour mixture over chicken. cover and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is tender.




No comments: