Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Yummy Meatloaf

I don't know about you guys, but I have a hard time getting my family to eat their veggies. Well, let me clarify. They eat veggies, but it's basically corn, peas, and green beans. I can occasionally get the hubby to eat brussels sprouts ( he likes them, no one else does) and the kids will eat a floret or two of broc or cauli. They are not very adventurous when it comes to veggies. So, I have to come up with creative ways to get veggies in them. Last night I made this meatloaf. It was a hit, as meatloaf always is, and no one even noticed the veggies.


Yummy Meatloaf

2 lbs lean ground beef
2 eggs
4-5 carrots, shredded
1-2 zucchini, shredded
1 onion, shredded
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste

To start off, I shredded the veggies in my food processor using the finest shredding blade I had. I put the veggie mixture into a large bowl with the ground beef. I added the eggs and the salt, pepper and garlic powder. You can use whatever spices your family likes. Mix everything together really well. I used my hands. I hate using my hands, but I think it works best and it doesn't dirty any dishes. LOL take mixture and put into a pan. I use a terra cotta lasagna pan. I don't know what size it is. Bake at 350 for about an hour.

This turned out great. Everyone loved it and, like I said, no one even noticed the veggies. Definitely a keeper.

No comments: